Startup Event Calendar
- This event has passed.
OneStart 2016 Launch Night
October 28, 2015 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Translate your research into the real world.
Join in at the official St. Louis Launch Night to learn about OneStart, the world’s largest life sciences and healthcare accelerator program, and the chance to win $150,000 non-dilutive funding for your innovative idea.
OneStart is a call to aspiring entrepreneurs to enter the world’s largest life sciences accelerator program, with a mission to help you realize your innovative ideas to advance healthcare.
OneStart will provide 35 selected teams education and ongoing business mentorship from industry leaders and 10 finalist teams the opportunity to pitch for $150,000 in non-dilutive funding. Several teams have been successful in securing follow-on funding, with its alumni raising over $30 million combined.
- 5pm – Registration opens
- 6pm – Opening address on the OneStart Accelerator Program
- 6:30pm – Networking session, with entrepreneurs, industry representatives, investors and the organizers of OneStart
Who should attend?
- Science/medical students and researchers interested in commercializing their ideas
- Business, law and other graduate students/young professionals keen to get involved with the life sciences industries
- Software developers and engineers interested in contributing their technical skills to realising a product
- Anyone interested in entrepreneurship
About the OneStart competition:
Applications are open from October 1 – December 1, 2015. Applications welcome from individuals or teams (up to 6 team members) under the age of 36 (as of 31st December 2015). OneStart encourages you to recruit other scientists, engineers, business students, lawyers, and anyone else with talent and motivation to execute a great idea, so don’t forget to browse through its co-founders hub. All ideas at all stages of development are welcome.
Our 35 semi-finalist teams will be directly mentored by experienced industry professionals, connected with venture capital, pharmaceutical, biotech, medtech and digital health executives, and invited to attend a Business Bootcamp in San Francisco with workshops from our global partners, including SR One (corporate venture capital arm of GSK), Johnson & Johnson Innovation, Takeda Ventures (corporate venture capital arm of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company), Bristol-Myers Squibb, GSK, Roche, AstraZeneca, MedImmune, Boehringer Ingelheim, Teva Pharmaceuticals, McKinsey & Company, and Silicon Valley Bank.