Startup Event Calendar
We can also import your iCalendar from your startup group or Facebook page: if you'd like your calendar considered for this, send us an email at email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
Civic and Community Engagement with Design: A Workshop
July 28, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Estimated reading time: 1 minute(s)
Join Creative Reaction Lab (CRXLAB) for an immersive workshop exploring design thinking (a form of creative problem solving) and social innovation. In this workshop, you will learn how to: challenge civic and social issues, collaborate with your professional peers, and build empathy with the community in which you are serving. Come prepared to imagine, make, and innovate. Continental Breakfast will be included.
- Define design thinking and social innovation processes
- Cultivate creative leadership and new community relationships
- Challenge participants to develop community-centered, community-led solutions
- Transform ideas into actions
- Understand the role of diversity, inclusion, and cultural humility in community engagement
- Define the value of design in developing a range of solutions – from products and services to strategies
Who Should Attend: Business, design, civic and social sector, and non profit professionals will work in tandem to collaboratively create solutions and strategies through the design process. By immersing themselves in creative problem solving, professionals from all fields will develop and refine leadership, teamwork, and civic engagement skills and practices.