EQ was created in 2015 to raise the visibility of the St. Louis startup scene. We are passionate about sharing the journeys and best practices of startups, entrepreneur support organizations and other individuals and groups in the St. Louis startup ecosystem in an effort to support and grow the movement here in St. Louis.
We aim to help build community both online and offline by telling intelligent stories that educate, inspire and connect entrepreneurs, investors, talent and startup supporters.
As a media outlet, EQ fills the need for a voice that will share stories of St. Louis startups with both St. Louis audiences and those outside St. Louis. We believe that promoting stories of innovation in St. Louis will help change the conversation about our city and assist in pushing it forward.
What We Do
Look for daily content on EQstl.com, from news to service oriented stories that aim to help those working in the startup and innovation spaces act on their ideas, grow their companies and build a better St. Louis startup ecosystem.
We have a bold vision for EQ. Success would mean that the St. Louis ecosystem is a more connected community and that our city is seen by both locals and external markets as a hub of innovation and a destination for young, creative talent. We believe this would result in:
- Young talent being retained and attracted to St. Louis
- Both local investors and those outside St. Louis becoming aware of and expressing interest in the potential for startup activity in St. Louis
- Entrepreneurs and service providers having resources they need to build thriving companies here.
- A strong deal flow and successful exits, creating new opportunities for talent and capital for investment.
- As a for-profit entity, we also visualize EQ being a well-funded and profitable venture for stakeholders and a playground for new media models.
We are looking for talented and ambitious writers who are passionate about covering the St. Louis startup and innovation space. Pitch stories by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.